Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 22 - Mike & Candice

Way back when I first started this project I asked my sister if she thought her neighbor's Mike & Candice would like to get in on this food action. I mean who wouldn't want a free meal cooked for them??? Well, Brenna asked and I never heard anything back from her. About 2 weeks in I asked again and we got them signed up for, in my opinion, the grossest meal in existence! I really thought no one in their right mind would want to eat a Baked Reuben Sandwich, let alone like it! But Mike & Candice actually like them! Yay!
(Stole this little gem from Candice's Facebook page, 
because I'm really awesome & forgot to take one! :)
So I went over to the house and made the best smelling Baked Reuben Sandy ever in the whole widest world!!!! (But I was definitely not going to eat it! haha) Kayla had already made me dinner at home :) I really hope they enjoy it, because it was a really easy meal to make. Would be good for a busy night or just a night when you want something great to eat! Enjoy Mike & Candice. And if it sucks, let me know!


Are you brave enough to try this one???

Baked Reuben Sandwich

Ingredients:
2 cups Original Bisquick mix
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tsp caraway seeds
1/2 lb sliced Deli-style corned beef (I used 1 1/2 lbs because a 1/2 lb here is 5 slices!)
1/4 honey mustard
3/4 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
14 oz jar Sauerkraut, well drained
1/2 cup thousand island dressing

Method:
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2-qt square glass baking dish with cooking spray.

In medium bowl, stir Bisquick, milk, egg & 1 tsp caraway seeds with a fork until blended. Spread one cup of batter in a baking dish.

Brush corned beef slices with honey mustard; layer on top of batter in baking dish. Top evenly with cheese and sauerkraut. carefully spread the rest of the batter over sauerkraut. Sprinkle remaining tsp of caraway seeds.

Bake uncovered 28-32 minutes or until lightly golden brown and center is set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with thousand island dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment