Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Songs I Wish The Radio Never Played

Sadly, the radio has a way of ruining really good songs. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Seeing as I interned at a radio station, I know all too well that it's not the DJ who is picking the songs. Because if they did, they SO would not keep all these songs on repeat. TRUST> ME. I'm just gonna share a few songs with you, my people, that I wish were never played on the radio, because then I might still enjoy them.

1. We Are Young - Fun.


I love Fun.! More then just this song! Their album Aim & Ignite was AMAZING! I heard We Are Young MONTHS ago & now it's all I ever hear on every station! I'm really glad they came out with a new song, maybe they will stop ruining this song for me.

2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe


They are just starting to really play this song. I want to snuggle Justin Bieber & salmon slap him at the same time for signing her and making her so dang popular.

3. Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye


Seriously??? Seriously??? Why must you ruin such an amazing song radio??? Why??? You and your stupid remixes and total over-playage of this song! (and yes, I totally just made up that word! Whatcha gonna do about it!)

4. Little Talks - Of Monsters and Men


I am starting to hear this a lot on 89X here in Detroit & it gives me the sads. I want them to stay my little secret and just keep putting out awesome music for me!

And finally 5. It's Time - Imagine Dragons


This song has not fully caught fire yet, but I feel it coming. It's just such a great song! Now it's going to get over-played because it's awesome and I'm gonna want to stab my eardrums out. Thanks a heap radio.

3 comments:

  1. I love that Fun song. Fortunately I have satellite radio so I don't hear it that often because I'm changing the stations all the time.

    I thought the ending to Call Me Maybe was too funny!

    The singer for Somebody That I Used To Know, sounds just like Sting when he busts out in the song. It's uncanny.... he could take over for The Police if they ever needed to replace Sting, for whatever reason.

    That was quite a video for Little Talks... I don't think I've heard that song much, yet...

    I can't say for sure if I've heard that last song or not. But the name seems familiar so I probably have.

    You're right, radio ruins plenty of songs that would be great, otherwise. That's why I like my satellite radio - tons of variety, not so many repeats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm saying! They always ruin it! I listen to Slacker Radio a lot, that's where I originally heard all these songs. MONTHS AGO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to play catch up!
    Okay I have to agree with you on every single song (save for Imagine Dragons, just because like you say, it hasn't happened YET. It'll be so sad when it does.)

    ReplyDelete