Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 13 - Bill From Work

If you read "Day 12" then you already no that today I am not cooking. I have a work project through my church that I (unfortunately, because I'm exhausted) cannot get out of. SO I pre-made a meal for my co-worker Bill. I had extra time last Sunday to cook because I made lunch instead of dinner that day for my family and a few people from church, but you know that, so I wont bore you with the details again. For day 13 the meal Bill got was Mexi-Mac & Cheese. I thought it looked sicknast, my mom thought it looked delish. Word on the street is the kids enjoyed it and Bill said they loved the cupcakes too! So thanks again goes to Juanita for making those.


After the M&M project tomorrow I will tell you all about what we did. I hear I'm painting... Squee-diddly-dee! We shall see. I'm a pretty bomb diggity at painting. 

Here's the recipe for Mexi-Mac:


Mexican Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:
12 oz dry Mostaccioli pasta
1 lb bulk pork sausage
1 cup chopped onion
1 (16 oz) jar of green medium-hot salsa
2 (8 oz) packages Monterey Jack cheese
Tomato wedges, jalapenos and fresh cilantro for topping (optional)

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain; set aside.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook sausage and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain fat, return sausage & onion to skillet. Stir in green salsa.

In prepared baking dish layer 1/2 of the cooked pasta, 1/2 the sausage mixture and 1/2 the cheese. Repeat the layers. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with tomato, jalapeno and cilantro. If desired serve with additional salsa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment