Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 9 - Pastor Matt

Can I just start off today's post with a travesty that occurred during tonight's cooking? Ok, cool here goes. What I'm about to show you might cause fainting, 
so please be seated. 



I burnt my poor little hand on the oven! It's horrible right?? Ha, no it really wasn't that bad. Stung for a hot minute, haha hot minute, but now it's just a red tear drop on my hand. Perhaps my hand is crying, no that's just silly.

Back to the task at hand, wow I'm punny. I'm killing myself by the way, if you saw me sitting here at my computer actually laughing out loud, you'd pretty much think I lost it. I blame the burnage. Focus Jess, focus! 

So I cooked for our Youth Pastor Matt tonight, and had a special helper Sam. By special helper I mean Sam came over for dinner. ha It was pretty much put together by the time she got done at her hair appointment. We had a super delicious Upside-Down Pizza Casserole. Pretty simple to make and pretty simple to eat!


Now I'm sure you're thinking "why didn't we balance the camera somewhere so unknown camera person could be in it too". Oh yea, that's what we did! Matt balanced the camera on top of his super skinny flat screen TV and we took this super sweet pic. Talented I know! Sam thought for sure it was going to fall. I said "you break it you buy it, Push the button". Camera is safe, picture is taken, bing bang boom another night in the bag!

Love this dish with us:

Upside-Down Pizza Casserole

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
1 10 oz can tomato sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if you like it super cheesy)
1 10 oz package Pillsbury biscuits

Method
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
2. Cook meat until no longer pink & drain.
3. Return meat to pan and add tomato sauce (I season my meat/sauce with salt, pepper, garlic & oregano)
4. Pour meat into 2-quart baking dish and cover with cheese
5. Flatten biscuits in your hand and layer on top of cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown on top.

**Just a personal preference, we decided we thought the dish would taste better if you topped with the Pillsbury bread sticks instead of the biscuits. Butter and Parmesan them when it comes out of the oven. You be the judge and tell me if we're right. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment