Monday, April 23, 2012

UPDATE: A Revelation

I posted this on my Facebook page earlier: "I turn into someone I'm not proud of when I go to the bar, its time I stop doing that." And that statement is 100% true.




I never wanted to be this person. I never wanted to be the type to go out and drink, cuss and party. But there are occasions when I have and I really don't like the person that I am when I do that. I'm honestly ashamed of that part of me. I try very hard not to be that person, but sometimes I slip. Some may think it's no big deal, but to me it is. I don't want to be that person. That's the bottom line. So I'll keep fighting the good fight. Work everyday to be the person I want to be, the best me I can be.
And I'm ok with that. :)

UPDATE: I was thinking a lot about this, this morning and Something finally clicked. In yesterday morning's service our Pasto talked about sin, and how you need to recognize your triggers & all that. I finally put 2 & 2 together this morning and the bar is my trigger. I never thought that it was. I was always the non-drinker, the DD, all of that. But after this weekend I fully recognize that as a trigger of sin for me. Now I know to avoid that.

No comments:

Post a Comment