Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 17 - The Luker's

Yesterday was day 17, however, I was just too tired to post about it. Many apologies.

So here goes!


Yesterday I cooked Creamed Chicken and Biscuits for my Aunt Jen, Uncle Mike & their son Wesley. I was a little worried about this dish because I didn't think that I would like it. Then when I got to the house I found out that Wes was unsure of whether he would like it either, so I wasn't so worried. If it was gross, at least I wouldn't be the only one to think so! Weird, but comforting! And can I just add, that as worried as my cousin was about this new dish, AND finding out there was onions in it... He had seconds!


Here they are! Along with Bella Boo because she IS part of the family, though she didn't eat with us. Obvi! 

Cooking the dinner went smoothly, but I guess when they say 6 biscuits, they MEAN 6 biscuits. My first cooking disappointment (second if you count the Citrus Vinaigrette Rice fiasco from last Monday. That stuff was SICKNAST!) The biscuits just didn't wuite cook all the way, even though the dish itself was fully cooked, the biscuits didn't cook. :( 

It was still totes delish though. So try it!

Creamed Chicken & Biscuits

Ingredients:
½ large onion
1 ½ tsp butter
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 (10 ¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
½ cup milk
½ cup chopped pimiento
1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese, divided
6 frozen biscuits, thawed
(Serves 6)

Method:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees & grease the bottom and sides of 11x7-inch baking pan.
2. Chop the onion.
3. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted.
4. Stir in onion & sauté until tender.
5. Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimiento in a medium bowl and mix well.
6. Spoon mixture into prepared baking pan.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
8. Sprinkle baked layer with ¾ cup of the Cheddar.
9. Arrange biscuits in a single laver over top & sprinkle remaining Cheddar.
10. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes longer. Serve immediately.

**TIP**
My aunt & I discussed it and we think that if you half cook the biscuits THEN put them on top and finish cooking that they will fully. Try it & tell me how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment