Friday, April 20, 2012

American Idol Top 7 & Elimination.

So. I hate to be a party pooper this week but I am so dang tired I just don't have the energy for a full post like I did last week. So I'm just going to give you a quick rundown of both shows and let that be that. Don't like it? Tough cookies!

Performance Show

Hollie Cavanagh:
Song 1 - I had goosebumps with the first notes. She seriously did an amazing job! 
Song 2 - Not really a fan. Just didn't hit me like the first one did.

Colton Dixon:
Song 1 - HATED. IT! Sorry Colton, this just was NOT a good choice in song. 
Song 2 - AMAZEBALLS! I seriously loved it! 

Elise Testone:
Loved it! Both songs. She seriously is amazing to me! Her voice is so unique and I really just wish America would get on board and vote the right way! I did not however, like the orange dress she wore during the first song. The sheer orange billowy material just kinda made her look a little fatty fat fat. I'm. Just. Sayin'.

Skylar Laine:
I really enjoyed both of her songs. I wasn't a fan of the country Gaga version when it came out, but Skylar really did it justice! 

Josh Ledet:
Ya know, I think I have just had enough of Josh. I really am just not a fan. He didn't do a bad job, I just don't really enjoy him.

Jessica Sanchez:
While I agree with America Jessica is a great singer, I just don't think she has "it". I don't believe she will win, but she did a great job on both songs.

Phillip Phillips:
Philly Phil can really do no wrong for me. Anyone out there who thinks so deserves a salmon slap! 

Results Show

*Mr. Soul Patrol, Taylor Hicks, was in the crowd. Irrelevant. *eye roll*

*Kris Allen performed, and I adore him! I like... no LOVE his new song to!! New album here I come!

* LMFAO sang. meh... I like the song, performance was mildly entertaining, but it really did nothing for me.

*Bottom 3 was Hollie Cavanagh (umm why?), Elise Testone (seriously America?) & Colton Dixon (not surprised) and Colton went home. He didn't deserve to go home, in my opinion, but what can ya do. He had an off week and he was man enough to admit that he picked bad songs. He wasn't himself and that cost him a shot at winning.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with almost everything you said! (I know right?)
    Poor Colton didn't deserve to go home, I'm so tired of Josh and Jessica that I could vomit. On their shoes. And the shoes of every.single.judge. For frickin' real. Are we the only ones with ears that function properly and that recognize the actual ability to sing?
    Although I have believed that FOX is kind of a shady company who will do whatever they have to, in order to keep ratings and not be sued. Including, but not limited to disregarding America's vote to allow the correct ethnicity that they need to win, in the winner's circle.
    Just my opinion but I could slate you instances.
    It's insane.
    However, good job Monchica!! Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right! As good of singers Jessica & Josh are (because we cannot deny they have talent) I am just sick of them! I wouldn't buy their album, I wouldn't go see a Josh Ledet or Jessica Sanchez concert. I've just had enough!

    ReplyDelete