Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 1 - The Halls & Matt

As promised, here is my post for day one of my "30 Meals for 30 Families in 30 Days" project. Unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures, so all you get is a boring wordy post. :( Hopefully at tomorrow's dinner I will remember! 

Someone remind me!

Today I cooked for the Pastor of our church Jon, his lovely wife Amy and our Youth Pastor Matt. Maybe I can scrounge up some pictures from Facebook so you can see who I'm talking about, not just read their names.

FOUND SOME!
Pastor Jon & Amy Hall
This is the only picture I can get of Matt, because we're not Facebook friends. YET!


So now that you know WHO I cooked for I can tell you WHAT I cooked them!

We had pretzel breaded chicken, scalloped potatoes and yummy garlic bread! Oh, and dessert, Yummy Yummy brownies made by a very awesome lady from our church! Melt in your mouth brownies! They were the perfect end to a perfect dinner! Well almost perfect. I realized when I got there that I had forgotten the corn. Quote of the night; "What I lack in corn, I make up for in brownies!" haha All in all it was a wonderful night, and a great time was had by all! 

Cannot wait until tomorrow when I get to cook for my Sister, Brother-in-Law and my crazy niece & nephew!

Here's tonight's recipes:


PRETZEL CHICKEN WITH HONEY DIJON SAUCE

Ingredients
Chicken
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 eggs, whisked
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
Breading
2 cups pretzels, ground in the food processor (until they are the consistency of bread crumbs) (sourdough pretzels work best)
Vegetable oil for frying
Sauce
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
Method
1. Combine mustard and honey for sauce. Mix well and set aside.
2. Preheat oil to 350 degrees. Combine eggs with spices in a large bowl. Mix well and add chicken.
3. Add pretzel crumbs to a large bowl. When oil is hot, bread chicken and fry in oil until deep golden brown. Chicken should be firm and have an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Place on paper towels or cooling rack after removing from oil.

Cheddary Scalloped Potatoes 

Ingredients:
2 tbsp margarine or butter
1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings (about ¼ cup)
1 can (10 ¾ oz) Campbell’s condensed Broccoli Cheese Soup
1/3 cup milk
1/8 tsp pepper
4 medium potatoes (1 ¼ lbs) cooked and sliced (about 3 ½ cups)
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
(Serves 4)

Method:
1. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot margarine, cook onion until tender, stirring often.
2. Stir in soup, milk & pepper. Add potatoes; stir gently to coat. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 5 minutes or until hot & bubbling, stirring occasionally.
3. Sprinkle with bacon & snipped parsley.

2 comments:

  1. If those are the actual platings of your food, nice presentation! :) Looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly those are not pictures of MY meal but it was very very close!

    ReplyDelete