Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 10 - Double Digits! - Commerce Naz. Youth Group

And the number of families has gone through the roof! ha we at least partial families anyways. Tonight I cooked breakfast bowls for the teens. Eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns and cheese all stuffed into an Italian dinner roll. Scrum-diddly-umptious! Fo. Sho. I know what you're thinking... cooking for a bunch of teens, that seems daunting but it really wasn't as much work as it sounds. I pre-made the bacon, hash browns and sausage before hand. Then all I had to do was toss them into the rolls and bake until the eggs were done. Too bad the instructions didn't tell me how long so I had to guess! Ha not cool instructions, not cool!

Other than that it was Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!


These guys are super sillypants. 


If I count this group as one family, my official count as of today is 11 meals for 15 families in 11 days. I'm doing pretty good eh? Yea, I thought so too! 

The only thing I wasn't sure of, is what the heck do I do with all the insides of the rolls??




 I mean look at them, I just have a pile of bread fluff on my counter looking all sad & stuff. Anyone know of an easy recipe for bread fluff? haha I was thinking of making some monkey bread, just use the fluff instead of biscuits but I ran out of time and all that poor fluff just got thrown away :( Sorry Bren, you could have ate some.




Can I just interject a little side note? These suckers take a LONG TIME to cook! I put them in the over at 7:05 and they weren't fully cooked until about 7:45!!! Are you kidding me??? I was in major panic mode thinking they wouldn't be done before church was over and all my hard work would be for nothing! But they finally cooked (thanks mom for helping me determine the cookedness of them) and all of the teens, Pastor Matt & Amy LOVED THEM!!   They chowed like nobody's business! 


I even made cookies... Lucky ducks... 

Simplest recipe ever... Ready?



Individual Breakfast Bowls

Ingredients: (can honestly be whatever your heart desires, but here's what I did)
1 Tube Sausage
1 Pkg bacon
2 Sticks of butter
1 Bag frozen hash browns
2 Cups cheese
26 Eggs
26 Dinner rolls
Salt & Pepper

Method:
(Note: cook all ingredients according to packaging. DO NOT PRE-COOK EGGS)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice off the very top of the roll.
3. Pull out as much of the inside of the roll as you can without breaking through the crust.
4. Brush the inside with butter. Then sprinkle some salt and pepper inside.
5. Add your cooked ingredients. 
6. Crack egg into bowl Over-easy style. (I personally am not an over-easy fan so I scrambled all the eggs and fills the cracks in the bowl with egg :)
7. Bake for approx. 40 minutes or until egg is no longer jiggly. 
8. Sprinkle with a little more cheese (optional) and serve.

Told ya! Easy peasy Lemon squeezy. :) 

3 comments: