Monday, April 9, 2012

30 Meals For 30 Families In 30 Days

I figured since everything starts today I should probably explain what it's all about. I've mentioned it in previous posts but never really broke it down. So here it is!

Goals:
(Overall) To help people & build a sense of community and fellowship through food.
(Personal)Learn how to cook more than Mac & Cheese J

Who:
(Is doing)Myself and any other member of the church that feels called to help. I was thinking of possibly extending an invitation to help to the teens/young adults, to get them involved in reaching out to those in need.

(We’re helping) I am open to cooking for anyone in the church who needs a little sunshine, or just wants to have a night off and let someone else do the work. Also, families nominated by church members who could use a little help.

What:
It’s exactly what the title says. I want to cook 30 meals for 30 families in the span of 30 days. I want to help people, while helping myself.

When:
I would obviously like to start this as soon as possible, however I know that these things take time. I would, however, like to do it for a consecutive month. Not a day here and a day there. It’s called a challenge for a reason right?

Where:
Either in home cooking of a meal, clean-up included or preparing a meal at my house and delivering it to the home for the family to enjoy. I am also open to other suggestions.

Why:
Why not? There are people all over that just need a little kindness shown to them. It doesn’t have to be a million dollars, or solve all their problems, but a little bit of kindness can have a profound effect on people’s lives. Both the giver& receiver.
Through donations and volunteers we're making it happen! First night is tonight and it seems only fitting that the first family up is the Pastor of our church and his lovely wife.
I swear I will post daily of what I cook and how it goes and for whom. If you're feeling ambitious, challenge yourself and cook with me!

3 comments:

  1. :-) XOXOXOXO!!!! Love you Jess! You will be richly blessed as you do this! Proud of you! Can you come to CA to cook dinner? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can make a quick trip that way! How does tonight work for you? I can be there say 5:30? ahahahaha

    ReplyDelete