Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 3 - The Smith's

GUESS WHAT!?!?!?! 

I forgot the corn... 

JUST KIDDING! 

My mom made sure to throw it in my box for me. She's so awesome!

Moving on... Tonight I cooked for my best friend in the whole widest world! Stacie, her husband Gabe and their kids Ahlayna, Landon and Lily (Let's be real... Lil ate nothing becuase she's a mere 5 weeks old, but she's still part of the family!!!)

Aren't they so fun??


We had delicious Cheesy Chicken Tenders w/ Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Corn and Garlic Bread. MMMMMMMMMMM and don't forget the BROWNIES!!! Thanks again Juanita!!! 


I am getting so good on my timing! Everything came out at the exact same time tonight, that's a first! I think that is the biggest thing I need to work on. I like to make one thing THEN start the other! Can't do that when you're cooking a meal, especially for somebody else!


After dinner I got to spend some quality tummy time with LB. 


She's seriously the cutest.


Don't you just wanna eat her up!!
I guess it was a good thing we were all super full after dinner! Oh speaking of... Here's how you know when you made a really good dinner... They pass out on the couch!


Here's the recipes. Cook it. Eat it. Love it.

Cheesy Chicken Tenders

Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cups cheesy crackers (crushed)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 egg

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean chicken and slice into small strips.
3. Whisk egg in one bowl, crush crackers and put in 2nd bowl and add cheese to the 2nd bowl.
4. Dip chicken tenders in egg, then toss in cracker/cheese mixture and place on baking sheet.
5. Spray with cooking spray(Optional) and bake for 15 minutes or until pink is gone. 

Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
  • 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Method:
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
3. Combine Maple syrup, butter, lemon juice & salt in a small bowl. Pour mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
4. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Stir & cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45-50 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment