Saturday, April 14, 2012

American Idol. Top 7.

If you are a fan of AI, THIS IS THE YEAR TO GO TO THE LIVE SHOW! They are seriously amazing this year. With the exception of Deandre. Blech I just want to shave his head while he's sleeping... Ready for a re-cap?

Skylar Laine: Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You (By American Idol Alumni Kellie Picker) 
I. Love. Skylar. She just has that growl in her voice and she is a little country princess if I've ever seen one! I don't personally think she is going to win, but she's got amazing talent and will go far!

Colton Dixon: Love The Way You Lie (By Skylar Gray)
I will admit, I don't remember Colton from last year, shame on me, and when I first heard him this year(ByI really was not a fan. BUT He has seriously impressed since then. His song this week was AMAZEBALLS! Like you would not believe!

Phillip Phillips & Elise Testone: Duet - Somebody That I Used To Know (By Gotye ft. Kimbra)
I have listened to this about 10 times on my recording. The only reason I have moved past this is because my sister Kayla is in here watching it with me. I'm not one to run out and buy songs on iTunes, but I just bought this one. No. Joke. I love these 2 togther more than I love Mac & Cheese and that's a lot!

Update: Actually it was a joke because iTunes doesn't have that song on there!!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Jessica Sanchez: Stuttering (By Jazmine Sullivan) 
J-dawg has some serious pipes, I will give her that. BUT I really did not care for this weeks song. She sang the shiz out of it, but the song in general kinda sucked. She should have picked a better one.

It's about here in the show where I spoiled the results for myself by going on Wikipedia. Nice job Jess... Stellar!

Josh Ledet: Runaway Baby (By Bruno Mars)
I don't know why... but I really am a Bruno Mars hater... It pains me to say that, and I think that is why I really didn't like Josh this week. #SorryImNotSorry

Colton Dixon & Skylar Laine: Duet - Don't You Wanna Stay (By Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson)
I like the song, I loved these 2 together last week but I did not love the harmonies this week. They did great in their individual parts, together it was just so so for me.

Hollie Cavanagh: Perfect (By Pink)
The accent is just so cute! And I loved her outfit too! This song was... well... PERFECT for her! She just has that strong low-ish voice that pink does.  Great fit, love Hollie!

Phillip Phillips: Give A Little More (By Maroon 5)
Can I just say that when fill sings, he looks constipated. Like for reals. Regardless, I love him always. He is my favey, my pick to win. I have yet to be disappointed in a song he's sang. This week was no exception. Love.

Hollie Cavanagh, Josh Ledet & Jessica Sanchez: Trio - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)  (By Season 1 winner Kelly Clarkson)
I will premise this with, neither of these 3 are really high on my favorites list. But the KILLED THIS SONG! Are you serious???? Ah-Maze-Balls to the max. 

Elise Testone: You & I (By Lady Gaga)
Dare I say, she sang this better than Gaga??? In my opinion yes, and my opion is all that matters here! haha I love Elise, she's the whip! She just needs to keep picking great songs and singing the crap out of them like she has been! She may not win it all, but she will go far!

Results show: Really didn't care for the opening number. They sang Raise Your Glass by Pink... Meh. They handed out some fan mail, that was cute. James Durbin performed... Hated it. Not sure what kind of mic he was using, but it was stupid. Jennifer Hudson & 
Ne-Yo performed... Love this song. I normally fast forward through the performances because they suck! But I watched this one. I want to rip that hat of Ne-yo's head, for reals you look like an idiot. Just. Sayin.

Bottom 3 surprisingly was Josh, Elise & Jessica. The looked on Jennifer's face when Jessica was voted out was seriously priceless. She was about to shank someone.The judges used their save to keep her around for one more week. They felt so strongly about it they ran up on stage, mid save me song, and took the mic out of her hands and said "go sit down, you aren't going anywhere"

No comments:

Post a Comment