Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 12 - The Mandeville's

I'm just gonna come right out and say it... Tonight was my favorite meal of the month thus far! No joke! Jahnny Carino's Bowtie Festival... Heard of it??? YUMMO! mmmmmmmmmmm. Oh sorry I was just daydreaming about my delicious dinner. 


Moving on. Tonight I cooked for my favorite. lady. ever! Kelli Mandeville and her super cool son Michael. Kelli was also my helper tonight, and what a helper indeed! Neither of us have ever made this dish,  I have never had it at the restaraunt and I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... OUR VERSION WAS BETTER!!!!



Here's Kelli & Mike. Mike had a "Dress up like a famous person day" at school today, so he had dinner in a suit. He really classed the meal up!


Umm... DO YOU SEE WHAT I HAVE??? Kelli bought me the Better Homes Cook Book!!!! Seriously???? Seriously???? How amazing is she!! Best ever! I love her!


Don't waste your money at Johnny Carino's, just make it yourself!

Johnny Carino's Bowtie Festival

Ingredients: 
For Alfredo sauce:
1 quart heavy whipping cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp black pepper
1/4 cup milk

For bowtie Festival:
1 oz melted butter
1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
1/8 cup diced red onion
1/8 cup diced cooked bacon
1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
3 oz. sliced cooked chicken
1 oz heavy (whipping) cream
1/8 cup Asiago cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
10 oz precooked bowtie pasta

Method:
For Alfredo sauce:  
Saute heavy cream , milk and black pepper to a consistent boil. Remove cream mixture from heat and fold in Parmesan cheese. Store completed sauce in refrigerator until use.
For bowtie festival:
In a  heated saute pan combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken and spice mixture.
When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and Asiago cheese.

Once cheese and cream have reduced by 1/2, add in Alfredo sauce and bowtie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from stove. Allow to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment