Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cell Phone Nostalgia: Retro Camera

I am always looking for the "next app" or game I can download on my phone, simply because I get bored. So of course when I got my new phone in October I had to find a fun camera app to use.

So I searched and found Retro Camera. Basically what it is, is an app that allows you to switch between old time camera styles. 

Your options are: 


The Barbl - Leipzig 1951
This is a really old-timey one. You get low saturation, neutral color cast, medium contrast ans square stock framing. 
Yep... That's my lunch. Also had some delicious turkey, but as you can see it didn't last long!


The Little Orange Box - USSR 1976
This one is my favorite! You get high X-processing, red/purple color cast, high contrast and my favorite part, the severe scratching & square damaged frame. Now I know you're thinking... Why would you want that??? But trust, it has great results!! 
My sister Kayla striking a pose.


The Xolaroid 2000 - San Francisco 1972
With this camera you get high X-processing, blue/green color cast, high contrast with that classic poloroid framing.
Kayla is a creeper... I'm pretty sure we were at a restaraunt. I have to deel with this in public... haha


A Pinhole Camera - DIY in the 80s somewhere
This one has low saturation, medium-high contrast, multi-color swirl color cast, on full-bleed film. It also (on this app) adds the little film reel squares on the top & bottom of the picture. 
My dad & nephew posing for their mugshot... I mean picture :)


The FudgeCan - 1961, Granby, Quebec
Has low saturation, medium contrast, on square/full film, typically used for outdoors.
This pic was taken while flying down the Pacific coast on our way to San Diego in January.

The Hipsteroku - Japanese toy camera gone wrong
It's got a medium saturation, intense color leaks, medium-high contrast with Old white stock film. Reminds me of the way my moms pictures looked when she was young but in color not black & white
Just testing out the camera on the day I got it. I like how there is a glowing goldy-yellow over Jesus. Kinda gives it an ominous feel to the picture.


So there you go. My favorite camera app and some more pictures I never thought to share until now.

1 comment: