Thursday, April 26, 2012

American Idol Rundown

Yipee American Idol Day!
AND IT'S QUEEN NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I was excited! So let's get down to business and I'll let you know who was good & who sucked. And you will agree because my word is law. Boo-Ya Kasha

Show Opener - Queen Medley - All Contestants
LOVED. IT. Really all that needs to be said.

Queen Songs:
Jessica Sanchez - Bohemian Rhapsody
I really hated this with all my heart & soul. I think this was her worst week to date. I think she is a great singer, but this was bad, bad, bad!

Skylar Laine - The Show Must Go On
I didn't know this song, AT ALL, but I really kinda enjoyed it. I heart Skylar.

Josh Ledet - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Meh... I kinda hated it. The judges just need to sit down! 

Elise Testone - I Want It All
As much as I ADORE Elise, this song just didn't do it for me! that makes me super sad. Voice is still amazing, I just didn't care for the song.

Phillip Phillips - Fat Bottom Girls
Philly Phil, I love you, but you look constipated every time you sing. I liked it, but I didn't love it. I agree with The Dawg Randy Jackson this week.

Hollie Cavanagh - Save Me
I love the suit she wore! and I genuinely enjoy her voice, the song was very good! Never heard it before but she did a good job with it. She is my favorite of all the Queen songs.

Contestant Choice:
Jessica Sanchez - Dance With My Father
This song was soooooo much better than her Queen choice. You could just feel the emotion in her voice. Excellent job. 

Skylar Laine- Tattoos on this Town
Anytime Skylar gets to do country is a good time. It's just her thing. She just sings the heck out of it every time! She will definitely go far in the country world, winner of American Idol or not.

Josh Ledet - Ready For Love
Again, so much better than his Queen choice. I've already told you guys I'm pretty over Josh, but he really did an amazing job with this song! (I think Queen just wasn't a good choice for these guys!) 

Elise Testone - Bold As Love 
I know this as a John Mayer song, but it's a Jimmy Hendrix song according to Steven Tyler. Who knew! I think she over-sung it a little. I just couldn't follow it. :(

Phillip Phillips - The Stone
(I love the little montage before his song. Oh Phil) Philly Phil is back! I loved this song. Screw Queen, don't force him into a box. He's a star! haha Lame, I know.

Hollie Cavanagh - The Climb
LOVE THIS SONG! And I love Hollie's version. I just love her. She may not win, but I would totes buy a Hollie Cavanagh CD and listen to it all the live long day!

Elimination show:
All I know from the elimination show is that my girl Elise went home. Yea, I Wikipedia'd it because I'm too dang tired to stay up and watch the whole show. I'm angry. :(

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't a fan of them doing many of the Queen songs! Bohemian Rhapsody made me giggle (you know why) and Phil totes magotes reminds me of someone that we used to know. *Reference to le song in one of your last posts about the radio*

    ReplyDelete