Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 6. The Lash's

This meal was a special one for me! I got to go out and cook for my preschool teacher! Yea, you heard me, the very woman who began molding me into the woman I am today. She also used to be the children's church leader when I was growing up. I haven't gotten to see her and her husband Larry much since they left the church, so I'm super glad my mom signed them up for a meal. :)


As much I was looking forward to seeing them, I really was not looking forward to the meal. Eating it at least. Cooking it, easy-peasy. We had delicious Hot Turkey Sandwiches. Real simple to make, even better to eat! Minus the gravy and veggies for me though! haha

Cook it up peeps!

Hot Turkey Sandwiches w/ Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:
2 tbsp butter or margarine
2 small carrots, thinly sliced diagonally (about 1/2 cup)
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup sliced celery
3/4 tsp snipped fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed (optional)
1 can (10 1/2 oz) Turkey gravy
sliced cooked turkey (about 1/2 lb)
4 diagonally sliced pieces Italian bread
5 medium potatoes

Method:
1.Before you start cooking, start water for potatoes. 1/4 potatoes and boil until fully cooked (about 30ish minutes)
2. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in hot margarine, cook carrots, onion celery and thyme until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in gravy. Heat to boiling. Add turkey. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Divide turkey and gravy mixture evenly among bread slices.
4. Smash potatoes and add butter and milk until smooth. (I use about 4-5 tbsp butter and between 1-2 cups of milk.

It was so delicious! Everyone else enjoyed the gravy and veggies, but not me! haha



No comments:

Post a Comment