Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 8 - The Williams'

And we're caught back up to present day cooking! Who wants to guess what I forgot today? It wasn't the corn, well I did for get the corn, but I forgot it at the house I was cooking at. I forgot the 2nd most important thing there is for this project... The picture of the family I cooked for! Oh well, off to scavenge Facebook again! Ok, so it's from 2 years ago but it works! Tonight I cooked for the Williams; Rachel, Karl, Ty & Mason. Cutest little dudes ever! For reals. And they are super picky to, so I knew I'd be safe to eat it! Here they are:

It's from 2010, but I think you get the idea!

They are some of the funnest people I know, and I've known (Rachel at least) for a looooooooong time! They recently left our church :( so I don't get to see them much. So getting the chance to go over and see them was great! I even had an assistant, Matt our Youth Pastor. He hates to cook, but he made a great sidekick!

Dinner this evening was Baked Chicken Tenders w/ Citrus Rice. (When I said earlier I was safe, that wasn't true! *Insert shocked face here*) I loved the chicken but I really kinda hated the rice! It was weird and kinda soury weirdness. Haha, I don't even know how to describe it any more accurately. Me & the boys didn't really care for it, Matt, Rachel & Karl seemed to enjoy it though. So it wasn't a total loss. :)

Here's the recipe, you be the judge.

Baked Chicken Tenders w/ Citrus Rice

Ingredients:
Chicken Tenders:
½ cup honey
2 tbsp apricot preserves or jam
2 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small strips
2 ½ cups Panko bread crumbs

Citrus Rice:
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups brown rice, rinsed
1 orange & 1 lemon, zested
1 bottle citrus vinaigrette dressing
Salt & pepper to taste
(Serves 4 to 6)

Method:
Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey & preserves.
3. Brush honey mixture on both sides of chicken; dredge in bread crumbs.
4. Place chicken on a baking sheet coated w/ nonstick cooking spray.
5. Bake 20 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.

Rice
1. Bring chicken stock to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Cook rice in broth according to package instructions.
3. Fluff rice and place in large serving bowl.
4. Add orange zest and ½ the lemon zest.
5. Toss well with ½ cup of the vinaigrette and season with salt & pepper to taste.
6. Garnish w/ remaining lemon zest.
7. Refrigerate any leftovers.



No comments:

Post a Comment