Monday, April 30, 2012

California Trip - San Diego Zoo

Remember when I told you the zoo was my very favorite place in the whole widest world? Well I really meant it! Getting to spend the whole day with my super awesome California family! I'm pretty sure I saw just about everything there is to see in the zoo. 


Lifeguard Hippo welcomes you to the San Diego Zoo.


Polar bear mating dance. Was pretty funny.



Giant Elephant. He's the solo dude in his great big pen. The elephant area is pretty sweet at the San Diego zoo, they have a whole elephant "hospital" right there. You can see everything they do, bathing, check ups, etc.


She seriously DESTROYED that bone!


Giraffes!


I know what you're thinking. What in the WORLD is that dog doing in the cage with a cheetah???? Funny thing about cheetahs, they're companion animals. Each cheetah at the San Diego Zoo has a dog companion that they do just about everything with. The only thing they don't do it eat together. Obvi.


Sleepy Koala. They pretty much sleep 20 hours a day. They perch in these trees and the zookeepers place leaves along the branch, the koala will wake up move to the leaf, eat it & fall right back to sleep. Wake-up & repeat. 

Then we did a little face painting!


Sam got some sweet fairy-swirly like design.


Morgan transformed in to a koala.


Anica went with some butterflies. That she could easily hide with her hair! Cheater!


And I got a red/orange/pink peacock. We look pretty sweet eh?

Then we saw Camels


And Meerkats...


Lions...


Ducks...


Peacocks...


Pandas...


And Reptiles... Oh My!


Overall it was a GREAT day at the zoo & I can 't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment