Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 4 - The Eagle's

Mental check lists just SO aren't my thing! I am just one of those people who need to write everything down, and even then I forget something! ha. 

Today, I remembered the corn, forgot my camera. Way to go Jess, part of this whole process is the taking of the picture! Get it together girl!

Sorry... Inner monologue took over.

So, tonight I cooked for the Eagles. Jerry, Carla and their grandson Bryce. They are uber awesome, and have lots of old school stuff in their house, which I LOVE!


Sorry about the camera phone quality, if you recall I am super forgetful and left my camera at home. Such a great place for it right?

Anywho, we had a super delicious dinner consisting of Chicken Rollatinni stuffed with zucchini & mozzarella, Parmesan Potatoes, Corn (oh yea, I totes remembered it!) and garlic bread.


I was seriously worried about this one! A.) It's super detailed and I've never cooked anything like it. & B.) Zucchini??? Really??? Me eat that green stuff??? 

Can I just tell you how super-amazeballs it was?? Because it seriously was so delicious my mind can't even make words come together to form a clear sentence. It was THAT GOOD!

I also need to give a MAJOR shout out to my sidekick chef Bobbi. I loved having her there to cook with me, especially since she has more cooking experience than me & knows all the tricks! We make a great team and I am so excited to cook with her again soon!

Oh and can I just make a suggestion. More of a do it or you'll regret it, but not in a threatening bodily harm kind of way. Anyway, When you are making the potatoes dip one in the butter, than the Parmesan and eat it. The pan won't miss it, your family won't know. It is seriously, SERIOUSLY delicious and a chef's right. In the Chef's handbook even. Don't believe me? Google it!

Here's the recipes; eat'em & weep.

Chicken Rollatini stuffed with Zucchini & Mozzarella

Ingredients:
1 tsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 ½ cup (1 medium) zucchini, shredded
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Romano cheese (or Parmesan)
3 oz skim mozzarella, shredded
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 lemon, juice of
Salt & pepper to taste.
(Serves 8)

Method:
1. Wash & dry cutlets, season w/ salt & pepper. Preheat oven to 450 degrees & lightly spray baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add garlic & sauté about a minute, or until golden.
3. Add zucchini, ¼ cup Romano cheese, salt & pepper and sauté about 3-4 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
4. Set aside to cool. When cool, add mozzarella cheese & mix to combine.
5. Lay chicken cutlets down on working surface and spread 3 tbsp of zucchini-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
6. Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl; in second bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice and pepper in another bowl.
7. Dip chicken in lemon-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish and lightly spray with cooking spray.
8. Bake 25-30 minutes & serve immediately.


Parmesan Potatoes

Ingredients:
4 large potatoes
½ stick of butter, melted
1 can of parmesan cheese
(Serves 4)

Method:
1. Boil potatoes for 45-50 minutes or until slides off fork. Remove from pot and set aside to cool slightly. Preheat over to 350 degrees. (TIP: if you 1/4 the potatoes it only takes about 25-30 minutes or less.)
2. Melt butter in one bowl and pour Parmesan cheese into 2nd bowl.
3. Slice potatoes, dip in butter than dip in parmesan cheese and place in baking dish.
4. Bake for additional 20 minutes.

1 comment: