Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 15 - The Bray's

Was by far the craziest day to date in this project, and it really had nothing to do with the meal itself, or the family. I worked from 7:15am-3pm (taking off a 1/2 hour early just to make a little more time to get stuff done). Swung through Kroger to pick up 2 Rotisserie chickens, some throw away serving dishes to transport the meal (fail!) and razors. Then I rushed home to take a shower. Cook a nice big pot of Chicken, Ranch & Rice soup, all while doing my hair and getting ready for my Pastor's Ordination Service that started at 7. Now, I know what your thinking, "Jess, you had 3 hours to get all that done" Yea I know, but what I haven't told you is we had an hour drive to Flint for the service, after stopping to pick up game balls for softball and dropping off the delicious soup at The Bray House. Can I just say, tin dishes with cardboard tops are not good to transport soup. My car still smells of Chicken soup! Ugh, I need a steamer stat!


Unfortunately I don't have a picture to go with the post because only Mary & the baby were home. I had my dad ask for one, so hopefully I will have that to add to the blog soon!


Let's soup it up!


Chicken, Ranch & Rice Soup

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
3 stalks of celery, chopped
3 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Cup dry rice, steamed….comes out to about 3 Cups cooked
64 oz  chicken broth
1 Tablespoon dry Ranch Dressing seasoning
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon hot sauce, like Tabasco (optional)

Method:
Heat oil into a large dutch oven over medium heat.  When hot, saute onion, carrots and celery for 7-10 minutes or until softened slightly.  Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.  Stir in chicken breast and rice then pour in chicken broth.  Stir, then season with ranch seasoning, salt, pepper and add in Dijon and hot sauce.  Reduce heat to low and simmer until serving.  Taste and season accordingly.
8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment