Monday, May 28, 2012

A Tale of Two Stones...

These 2 little guys were left on my desk one morning before I got to work. They look innocent enough right? Weeeeellll let me just tell you how these 2 little stones caused me to panic!



So I walk into work and I see these little clear stones on my desk. They look to be strategically placed just so that I would see them when I walked in. No note, no hint as to who put them there, NOTHIN! So I am quickly running through a mental checklist of all the people at my work and trying to decide who would give me these 2 little stones. I came up with nothing. No reasonable explination as to who or why they were there. 

Then a thought dawned on me. See, we have a new temp worker out back. He's straight off the boat, doesn't speak much English, and he seems to always be looking my way. Creeper McCreepenstein. This is where I began to panic. What if this was a tradition in his homeland as a sign of affection towards someone? WHAT IF BY NOT REJECTING THE STONES WE'RE SOMEHOW MARRIED?? (Yes, my train of thought quickly went there) So I just tucked them to the side and kinda forgot about them for a while.




Any time someone would come back to my desk & pick them up I'd immediately say "I have no idea where those came from! Did you put them there?" Then I would forget about them again. The other day it was my dad who came back and picked them up. I immediately say "I cannot figure out where those came from!" And here's the kicker kids... My dad's response "I found these out by the dumpster and thought they looked cool" SERIOUSLY DAD??? You couldn't have maybe mentioned this sooner? hahaha


So the mystery of the 2 stones is solved, and I feel like a major goof for having a mini major freak out about it. The. End.

No comments:

Post a Comment