Wednesday, May 16, 2012

American Idol Round Up

Dear Randy,
Why try to speak when you don't know what you're trying to say. Spit. It. Out!
Sincerely,
Your Dawg Jess

Round 1 - Judges Picks
Josh Ledet - I'd Rather Go Blind - Etta James (Picked by Randy Jackson)
I really enjoyed this! Until he got to the "Baby, Baby, Baby" part and started on that growling garbage he does. You almost had a fan in me Josh... Almost.

Jessica Sanchez - My All - Mariah Carey (Picked by Jennifer Lopez)
Either her voice is going out, or she is trying to sing to low for her range. Either way I really feel like she dropped the ball on this one.

Phillip Phillips - Beggin' - The Four Seasons (Picked by Stephen Tyler)
As always... Phil's a boss. I loved it! I cannot wait for a Phillip Phillips CD.

Round 2 - Contestant Choice
*Josh's home visit - Long & Boring... Just sayin...*
Josh Ledet - Imagine - John Lennon
I love this song, and even with the growliness I still liked Josh's version. Definitely makes up for the first song.

*Jessica's Home Visit - Like the background music. But she bored me.*
Jessica Sanchez - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
This was much better than her first song. The judges really should pick better songs!! Geeze J-lo... are you trying to cost her the competition???

*Phil's Home Visit - Loved. It. (Can you tell I'm biased?)*
Phillip Phillips - Disease - Matchbox 20
Again... I loved it. I really feel like they should just give Phil the title and be done with it! So much easier.

*Randy needs to be kicked off the panel. He makes no sense!*

Round 3 - Jimmy Iovine's Pick
Josh Ledet - No More Drama - Mary J. Blige
I love this song, and I feel that he did it justice. Didn't blow me away though. Then again, he never really has. So there's that.


Jessica Sanchez - I'll Be There - Jackson 5
Ok Jimmy gets major brownie points for picking this song! She did sing it very well. Best of her 3 performances.


Phillip Phillips - We've Got Tonight - Bob Seger
I. LOVE. THIS. SONG! Thank you Jimmy, you are my hero, and thank you Phillip for singing so brilliantly! Perfect way to end the show! Now everyone go vote for PHILLY PHIL!


My prediction:
I believe it will be Jessica Sanchez and (as much as I love him) Phil. I think Jessica will be going home. She just really dropped this week. FINAL 2 - Phil & Josh!


Night Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment