Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 28 - Piper & The Clan

My mom is pretty sweet, and she set up a dinner with my old babysitter Piper and her family. I've known them forever, but it's been so long since I've seen them. This was the coolest thing ever! Thanks mom!



Piper is in the purple, her arm is around her son Andrew and behind him is Jason. Going the other way you have Piper's mom Chris, son Jamie and dad Keith. Buddy the dog is in front. They were loads of fun to have dinner with! It was great to sit around and  just catch up with some of the coolest people on the planet.

I Kinda cheated and I'm re-doing a meal because it was so good! But don't you worry, because of the extra special meal I made with Maddi on Day 11 I still met my goal of 30 meals for 30 families in 30 days! Boo-ya Kasha!

I re-did the Jessie-Famous Johnny Carino's Bowtie Festival. Yum:

Johnny Carino's Bowtie Festival

Ingredients: 
For Alfredo sauce:
1 quart heavy whipping cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp black pepper
1/4 cup milk

For bowtie Festival:
1 oz melted butter
1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
1/8 cup diced red onion
1/8 cup diced cooked bacon
1/4 cup diced Roma tomatoes
3 oz. sliced cooked chicken
1 oz heavy (whipping) cream
1/8 cup Asiago cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
10 oz precooked bowtie pasta

Method:
For Alfredo sauce:   
Saute heavy cream , milk and black pepper to a consistent boil. Remove cream mixture from heat and fold in Parmesan cheese. Store completed sauce in refrigerator until use.
For bowtie festival:
In a  heated saute pan combine butter, garlic, onions, bacon, tomatoes, chicken and spice mixture.
When onions begin to turn translucent, add heavy cream and Asiago cheese.

Once cheese and cream have reduced by 1/2, add in Alfredo sauce and bowtie pasta. Toss until well combined and remove from stove. Allow to cool for a few minutes so the cheese and sauce thicken.

2 comments:

  1. Jason would like to protest, he doesn't like to be referred to as "Jay". LOL! Even though everyone calls him that!

    The dinner was FANTASTIC, and we had a great time! Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell him my bad. I heard everyone call him Jay, I had no idea. :(

    ReplyDelete