Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 24 - The Other Ridgway's

I call them the "Other" Ridgway's, not in a mean way, but just so you don't get confused and think it's my parents again. See I'm doing you a favor, spelling it out so you don't even have to think about it. Yep, I'm that nice!




Look at them & their awesomness! Mark(striped shirt) & I used to hang out like EVERYDAY growing up. Besides my sisters he was the best friend I had! Those were the good ole days! I'm glad I got to go over & hang out with them. Don't get to spend a whole lot of time with them outside of work. :)


Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm... This dinner was delish! Angel Hair Pasta w/ Chicken. It was light, yet filling. Wasn't a giant fan of the carrots & broccoli in it though. I'm just not huge on cooked veggies. But I ate them and survived. ;)


Simple, yet satisfying! Try it!

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
1 carrot, sliced diagonally into ¼ inch pieces
1 (10 oz) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz angel hair pasta
2/3 cup chicken broth
1 tsp dried basil
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
(serves 4)

Method:
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium skillet over a medium heat; add chicken.
2. Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
4. Heat remaining oil in same skillet.
5. Begin heating water for pasta.
6. Add carrot to skillet; cook, stirring for 4 minutes.
7. Add broccoli & garlic to skillet; cook, stirring for 2 minutes longer.
8. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
9. While pasta is cooking, add chicken broth, basil and parmesan to skillet. Stir to combine.
10. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat & simmer for 4 minutes.
11. Drain pasta & place in large serving bowl.
12. Top w/ Chicken & vegetable mixture. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment