Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 29 - The Herman's

Can you believe this is already Day 29???? It feels like just yesterday it was Day 1! Only one more day and this whole dang thing is over! It's very bittersweet for me. While I'm really loving every minute of the time I get to spend with everyone, I am so stinkin' tired I cannot believe it! Who knew?? 


Tonight I cooked for a really rad chic named Tracy. Heard of her?? haha Along with Tracy, there was her husband Dave and their 2 adorable kids McKenna & Mathew. 




They have a HAIRLESS RAT?!?!?! Say what???? I was shocked by this. Tracy did not strike me as the rat type. Weird. It was actually pretty soft! I thought it would have been rough. I should have taken a picture of it.


Wanna know how dinner went??? McKenna will tell you below :)




I know I'm pretty awesome!


Weird... I made another chicken meal... Eat it!Maple Mustard Buttermilk Crusted Chicken Tenders

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup regular seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, maple syrup, mustard and garlic. Add chicken to a baking dish and pour buttermilk mixture over top to coat. Let soak for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine panko, bread crumbs, flour, salt, pepper and ground mustard.
Remove each chicken tender from the buttermilk and dip in breadcrumbs, gently pressing to adhere. Place on the wire rack. Spray each with a mist of olive oil or nonstick spray. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from over, gently flip and mist with spray, then bake for 10-12 minutes more. Eat!

Maple Honey Mustard
1/3 cup dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons honey
Whisk ingredients together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment