Tuesday, May 22, 2012

American Idol Round Up - Finale Night 1

But it's TUESDAY!!! It's not American Idol night... Oh WAIT! It's finale week so we start a day earlier. Why, you ask? Because SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE starts this week!!!!!!!! yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya
Can you tell I'm excited? haha

We're just gonna get right to it!

Round 1 - Simon Fuller Picks
Jessica Sanchez - I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston
I thought she sang very well, BUT for the finale I thought it would be so much MORE! I expected more from her and she disappointed.

Phillip Phillips - Stand By Me - Ben E. King
I love Phillip's style. I just love that voice, but again, I expected more from him being the FINAL performance before the winner is announced. 

*I think I agree with the judges, sadly, that Jessica won the first round.

Round 2 - Contestant Choice
Jessica Sanchez - The Prayer - Celine Dion
This was more like what I was expecting. It was big and powerful and she held it at all the right moments. She's a ballad girl, but it has to be the right ballad. She doesn't seem very diverse in that regard.

Phillip Phillips - Movin' Out - Billie Joel
Yay Phillip! This was so much better! It just goes to show you that just because the big-wig thinks you'd sing a song well doesn't mean he's right SIMON FULLER! haha kidding, but really they both did so much better on the songs they picked.

*I say Phillip took this round, the judges disagree. Steven says Jessica, Randy says it's even and JLo says Phillip. So thanks for a whole lotta nothing judges.

Round 3 - Jimmy Iovine (winner's 1st single)
Jessica Sanchez - Change Nothing - Original
The song written for Jessica was slow... SHOCKER. She's a sit on the piano and belt singer, I'm not a fan. She did however sing the song very well. Not well enough to win in my opinion. Not sure if it's her singing or the song itself. Just not a winner for me.

Phillip Phillips - Home - Original
YES, YES, YES! It was very Mumford & Sons-esque and I LOVED IT! Finally a great song written for a finalist! This song was made of all kinds of awesome. Phillip for the win! He's AMAZEBALLS! 


*Randy agreed it sounded Mumford & Son-ish. Dumb JLo thinks it's like nothing on the radio and Steven agrees on it's awesomness. Phillip wins round 3!

My prediction - PHILLIP PHILLIPS of course! Like there was ever a question! Everyone go vote for Philly Phil! And get ready to start hearing HOME on your radios SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment