Sunday, May 13, 2012

Home Again, Home Again.

I don't even know where to start. Honestly.

In the past 57 hours I've been driving I've been driving (well riding, Jodi drove) for 17 hours, paid $27 in toll fees, about $80-something in gas (each of us), slept for about 8-9 hours and HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE! Words cannot describe truly how much fun was had, you just HAD to be there! So if you weren't I would seriously consider making it to the next one. Whenever that happens to be.


 Now, I guess I should rewind a little and explain a bit about what this weekend was all about. Spencer Bell was an extraordinarily talented musician, artist, lyricist and just amazing person in general, who was taken way to early by Adrenal Cancer in December 2006. You can find all about Spencer's story and more HERE. Since his passing his wonderful father Bill Bell and numerous other generous individuals have put together the Spencer Bell Legacy Concerts. A day of music, fun and new found friends all to raise money for Adrenal Cancer research through the University of Michigan ACC Research Program. If you'd like to make a donation to the program, you can do so HERE. (I hope I explained that all right) 


The majority of the SBL show's I have been to have been right here in Auburn Hills, Michigan, BUT this go round we took it back to Madison, WI. Now, I don't fully know all of the stories and details to Spencer's story but I've had the privilege of reading precious memories from Spencer's family and friends. Words cannot express how grateful I am that they share Spencer with all of us strangers! I say strangers because a lot of us never knew Spencer until AFTER his passing, but we really have become a tight-knit family. A family that keeps growing & growing the more Spencer's legacy spreads around the world. 


OK, back to this particular SBL show. We took it to the High Noon Saloon and we really rocked it out! The line-up was longer than a TSA check-in line and the party didn't stop til the wee hours of the morning! I've got very few pictures from the show. Shocker, my camera battery was "exhausted" (as am I) and my phone camera just doesn't really do the trick all the time. I'll share what I have for now.

  






 From top down we've got Jake of The Kissing Club, A Coonasaurus Rob, The world's largest Culver's, Chicago traffic, Mat Black AKA Interabang Sarcastrophy AKA Tall Drunk & Foreign, Rob Coonrod, A Foxy Shazam poster I HAD to send my sister, Beautiful Chicago, a nice tall Pepsi from the Comeback Inn and the bridge at the border of Illinois and Indiana. 


Those are mine, and here are a few from my road trip buddy Jodi.
Jodi won a sweet piggy bank to start saving for the next show!

Me & my road trip buddy Jodi at the High Noon Saloon

The Fab Foursome. Mat, Jodi, Myself & Rob.
Those are just a couple from her album. My faves. The epicness of this weekend will never truly be explained. From smiley face suckers to punctuation explanations to 12+ hour shows to random hotel room encounters. Let's just say if you aren't physically & mentally exhausted after an SBL weekend, you really haven't done it right. I cannot wait for the next one. The drive is worth it. The money spent is worth it. The memories are priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment