Wednesday, May 2, 2012

American Idol: Performance Night

I'm going to open today's post with a letter to Steven & a letter to Phil. 

Dear Steven Tyler
the grey chunk of hair you have up front there... LOOKS STUPID! Please do everyone a solid and dye it or shave it off. Your choice, just get rid of it!
Sincerely, The Whole Wide World.

Dear Philly Phil,
I found out you have a girlfriend tonight. I'm officially devastated.
How. Dare. You.
Sincerely, Heartbroken in White Lake

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about the performances shall we??

60's Jams

Hollie Cavanagh - River Deep, Mountain High -Ike & Tina Turner
Umm welcome to American Idol Hollie, glad you could finally join us! Seriously? Where have you been hiding all of that this whole dang show? Her first song of the evening was amazeballs. Just. Sayin'.

Phillip Phillips - The Letter - The Box Tops
I love you Phil. I love how every week you come in here and totally change a song to make it "Philly Phil Style", you just make them so different and new. Love it!

Skylar Laine - Fortunate Son - Credence Clearwater Revival
I HATED the song choice, but she sang the crap out of it! She performed her little butt off & I gotta give her credit for that.

Jessica Sanchez - Proud Mary - Tina Turner
Brace yourself... I'm going to defend Jessica in 3... 2... 1... She is SO much better than that song! I usually don't like her, but I really felt bad tonight! Again, song choice is key people! And Jessica dear, please don't try to dance again. Please.

Josh Ledet - Ain't To Proud To Beg - The Temptations
Josh to me, just looked bored the whole performance! I mean, I'm normally pretty hard on him, but if you aren't gonna put you're heart into it why be there????

Phillip Phillips & Josh Ledet - You've Lost The Loving Feeling - Righteous Brothers
Oh someone please stab my eardrums with a pencil!! Are you nuts AI??? That was the world's worst pairing ever! Ugh, way to bring them down when it counts the most! 

British Pop Tunes

Hollie Cavanagh - Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
Waah Waah... This song was really not the ending she needed. Her first song was so much better. Bad song choice Hollie, you're better than that. That last big note was killer though.

Phillip Phillips - Time of the Season - The Zombies
I don't know if I like that you sang the original melody. I just really don't know. You're very sexual though... Just thought you might like to refer back to the above letter. You have a GIRLFRIEND. I know I'm hot & all... but you're committed... Sheesh. And the high notes just didn't happen for you. Stop it, right this instance!

Skylar Laine - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me - Dusty Springfield
Even just the rehearsal was amazing! That one long note hooked me. And she didn't disappoint in her live performance either! Much better song choice, much better performance! Great job Skylar!


Jessica Sanchez - You Are So Beautiful - Billy Preston
One word: BREATHTAKING. I think she finally remembered that this is a singing competition. (Man what is the deal tonight! I actually LIKED J. Sanchez!) This song was beautiful! That is the voice we know & love from her! I'm going there... She get's a Bomb-Diggity-Bomb-Dot-Com for that performance!


Josh Ledet - To Love Somebody - The Bee Gees

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz... Oh sorry Josh put me to sleep. We can attribute that to the fact that his song was slow & boring or it was just so smooth & melodic. I'll let you decide.  And what's with the front of his hair? Are you going for a little frohawk? I don't get it, please stop.

Skylar Laine, Hollie Cavanagh & Jessica Sanchez - Higher & Higher - Jackie Wilson
The girls trio was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the stupid boys duet! They just mix together so much better! I think the producers are biased towards the girls this season. A girl hasn't won in 5 years for a reason! Don't sabotage the boys!

Well folks, there you have it. Performance reviews from yours truly. ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT. Yea that's right, I'm on time & stuff. Oh snizap. You just got served. Goodnight.

My prediction for tomorrow:
Bottom 3 is Josh Ledet, Hollie Cavanagh & Jessica Sanchez.

I think Hollie is gonna go home this week. (and that makes me sad.)

No comments:

Post a Comment