Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 23 - Tiffany & Jason

Today Mal-Pal & I drove out to Farmington to cook for my old friend Tiffany & her husband Jason. I don't like to follow directions so I got us a tad lost. I mean, I knew where I was, I just wasn't where I was supposed to be! We arrived at the house about 15 minutes later than we were supposed to and got right to cooking! Mal-Pal helped me cook Chicken Broccoli Supreme with Mashed Potatoes. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I have never had a meal so tasty! So cheesy, so vegetably, so yum yum in my tum!




Aren't they seriously just the cutest couple ever? And I clearly forgot to tell you about that adorable little beeb right there???? Noelle is 4 months and she is the cutest thing ever! She was a little cranky girl today, apparently she feels that she's just to old to take a nap now. Maybe she was just so excited that I was coming over that she just couldn't fall asleep. I'm thinking that's it. I just have that affect on babies. Tiff called me the "Baby Whisperer" yep, that's me. Babies just love me. 


I was really jazzed to find this recipe. Please try it, it's delicious beyond words!

Chicken Broccoli Supreme

Ingredients:
Chicken:
1 lb fresh broccoli - break in pieces and steam for 2 minutes
3 cups cooked chicken; diced
3 cups grated cheddar cheese; divided
2 tubes Ritz crackers
1 stick melted butter
1 tbsp poppy seeds

Sauce:
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup cornstarch; dissolved in 1/2 cup cold water
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup of the above cheddar cheese

Method:
In greased 13×9 pan, layer the broccoli and chicken, then set aside. In saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, cornstarch dissolved in water, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk. Stir well, and continue stirring until sauce has thickened. Turn heat down to low, and add 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Stir until melted. Pour over the chicken and broccoli. Top with 1- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
Melt the butter, and add the poppy seeds, and stir well. Crush Ritz crackers in large zip-lock bag with a rolling pin. Don’t crush too small. Add crumbs to the melted butter. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the grated cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment