Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Things that happened while I wasn't here...

Have you noticed the same trend in my blogging that I have? I do great all week, then BAM the weekend hits and I fail miserably to keep it up. I'm just to dang busy (and it's to stinkin' nice out) to sit inside and blog. So instead of feeling bad about it and counting it as a fail, I will just catch you up every Monday on the tings that happened while I wasn't here. :) Yep, I'm a genius!

Here goes nothing!

Friday night was great, yet disappointing all in the same second. I'll start with the great. My cousin Sam & I decided on Monday of last week to throw together a surprise party for my baby sis Kayla. Though, she's really not a baby any more, she's 22. But she'll always be MY baby sis! Anyways, we made a flyer and decided to have it at Sam's house, since we normally go there on Friday's anyway, and have drinks, food & a bon fire. Oh and did I mention the chocolate mustache lollipops? Oh yea, that happened! 

Pics or it didn't happen...
ME
Birthday Girl Kayla
Ashley
Brenna
Mark. (He already had a mustache, so he just needed the stick:)
We really did have a great time & Kayla was really surprised. (although a little let down because she thought we were going to California Pizza Kitchen all week.) SORRY KAY!

The downside of Friday is... actually I don't even care about the downside. Those that showed up had a good time and those who didn't missed out... BIG TIME!

Saturday: Was cleaning day... Yippee... 
Conversation with my Mom Friday night:
MOM: "Remember we're cleaning tomorrow... starting at 10, so I will be waking both of you up about 9:30. Pass that along to your sis please" 
ME: "Why can't I just wake up at 10?" 
MOM: "Because I want to start at 10..."
ME: O_o 

We got almost everything done, and I will agree that the house needed a good cleaning. Ever since Kay stopped being the maid we've gotten pretty lazy in the cleaning department. So we cleaned, and it looks gooooooood!


Then we all went to Makenzie's grad party (I feel so old!!!) and can I just say... The food was so delicious! I remember now why I don't mind going to grad parties! The food! haha On a serious note, CONGRATULATIONS to Makenzie for graduating high school! So proud of you girlie! Woohoo!


One more thing for Saturday, man I was busy! It was also My good friend Mallory's birthday and she invited a few of us over to her house for a bon fire. Highlight of the evening? 
Sh'e smiling here, but the engagement was short-lived.
The  fake engagement between Sam & Matt that carried over from Makenzie's grad party, to Mallory's B-day bon fire. It. Was. Hilarious! Sam may not think so, but the rest of us did. We even went as far as to take some mock engagement pictures. (which Sam FAILED to post to Facebook, so I cannot share them with you, I'm as disappointed as you are trust me!) We could have had a whole wedding all at Mallory's. We had a pastor, witnesses, a piano player, THE WORKS! I have a feeling Sam would have drawn the line though.


Onto SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! Not a whole lot really happened on Sunday. I got up & went to church, passed out fliers for the canoe trip I planned and had a BBQ at my house with Jon & Amy. And swam with my niece & nephew, they think they are SOO cool because they can swim underwater WITH THEIR EYES OPEN! haha they're wearing goggles, so does that really count?? 


Last thing I want to add to this post is more of a request. I have a blog friend named Lauren & she is currently about 30 weeks pregnant with her first child. 


Ted & Lauren - Borrowed this pic from her blog, aren't they the cutest?
They're having a baby girl. They found out recently that one of their daughter's ventricles is not working properly and just kinda stutters. What I remember from her blog & twitter is that this is a new development with baby Brimley, and that the Dr. appointment the month prior showed no sign of heart troubles. It's a very scary time for them and they really don't have a lot of answers as to what exactly is going on (you know how Doctors are, they like to keep you in the dark sometimes) It is possible that the heart issue will resolve itself and they will have a happy, healthy baby, but it is also possible that it will not heal itself and Baby will need surgery right after birth. It's really up in the air at this point, and all they can do is wait.


Anyways, back to my request. If you're the praying type, or just want to make an exception for me, please send a prayer up for Lauren & Ted to have the strength & wisdom to handle the path that they are on with the current health issues Baby Brimely is having. And throwing in a prayer to help heal that precious little baby never hurts. I know our Heavenly Father already has a plan for them, but prayer never hurts. 


So thanks in advance for the prayers for the Brimley family, I appreciate it & I'm sure they do to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment