Tuesday, June 19, 2012

It's About To Get Real...

So, I've noticed I don't normally talk about current stuff going on in my life. (I also noticed I start a lot of sentences with "so".) I post photos & quotes, and stuff from the past but I tend to skip the current. I honestly think that it's a problem for me. I don't know why I don't want to talk about it, it just seems easier (for me) to talk about past events. 

Well that all changes today suckahs!

I know I've talked in at least one previous post about the diet I'm doing, and I figure one way to keep up with the current events in my life (because I swear I do stuff, I'm not a hermit) is to log my daily diet life and work from there. It won't always just be diet related, but you gotta start somewhere!

The diet I am on is call Fat Loss For Idiots! Ironic, I know. It is a paid membership but I think it's only a one-time payment of 40 dollars. Believe me people, it's worth it! The best way to explain this diet is it's a high protein, low carb diet. When I say low carb, I mean low bread/potato carb. You get a lot from the vegetables and other foods on the diet. It's an 11-day cycle and then you have 3 free days. You select foods from their 2 lists and the program will generate a 11-day, 4 meal a day meal plan. The one main rule you always have to remember is "eat until you're satisfied, NOT full." It's a lot easier than it sounds and the long you do it the easier it becomes. 

I've been on this diet since January and I'm down 20 pounds. I know what you're thinking! "Six months and you've only lost 20 pounds!" Yes, that is my total weight loss, BUT I also had a 30 day cooking challenge in there and a 2nd month that I really didn't stick fully to the diet, and I maintained that 20 pound loss. So I'm really doing pretty good! (And if you know me, you know I am weak and I give into food temptation easily!)

I am currently back on the diet full-time and am so pumped about losing even more weight! I can honestly say that I'm not doing it for vain reasons. I don't particularly care what people think of the way I look. I'm doing it because I'm 5' 3" and weighed 237 pounds. That's WAAAAAAAAAAAY unhealthy! Thankfully I don't have any weight related health issues, yet. But I am acting now to prevent them in the future as best I can.

So today, is Day 2 in the cycle, and it's fruit day. So 4 meals of this:
I'm pretty much in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment