Sunday, June 3, 2012

Broke Chic Project: Ziptie Lamp

Since I'm super crafty all the time I figured it was time that I start sharing some of my projects with you all. Starting with this super fun zip tie Lamp!

What you'll need:
1000 count 8 inch zip ties
1 lamp base
1 lamp shade
Spray paint (as many colors as you want)
square chicken wire (you can buy a big roll at Home Depot)

What you do:
Step 1: You need to peel the original lampshade off of the metal frame.

        


This is what you'll end up with:



Step 2: You need to spray your zip ties. I learned from doing this that you only need to spray one side. The way they hang you don't see that back side.


*IMPORTANT* YOU MUST LET THE ZIP TIES DRY FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE ATTACHING TO THE WIRES. (Learn from my mistakes!)

Step 3: Cut the chicken wire to fit around the lamp shade. I cut mine 50 squares wide by 20 squares high. It really depends on how big your metal shade frame is and how tall you want it to be.

Step 4: Attach the zip ties to the Chicken wire. 
NOTE: This is is how you will attach the chicken wire to the metal shade frame. 
Another NOTE: Be careful when you attach the zip ties because if you aren't it will peel the paint off. (Again, learn from my mistakes!)

And then you have a super amazeballs lamp!

Before
After
There you have it folks. Sorry I didn't have all the pictures for each step. I really thought I took them. :( Next time I will try harder! If you have any questions just leave a comment and I will answer them as quickly as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment