Friday, March 30, 2012

I should have bought a Mega Millions ticket!

They say you are 176 times more likely to get struck by lightning than win the lotto...

Well guess what happened at work today???

Oh ya know... we got struck by lightning!!!!!! 

Seriously the scariest thing every! My heart was beating out of my chest! 

I was just getting up from my station at work and there is the loudest boom ever! Literally the sound went "boom" ;) and as I'm looking over to my right I see my uncle ducking and backing away from his press (machine we use at work) and holding his chest. My first reaction is the boom gave him a heart attack or one of the rods on his press blew and hit him in the chest. Then I saw the sparks fly out from the circuit breaker at the ceiling. All of the lights in the front half of our building were flashing on and off but oddly, the back of the building looked like nothing happened. Smelled a little charred but no visible damage, and thankfully no one was hurt. 

Since I was clearly NOT expecting our building to get hit, I wasn't camera phone ready to catch it on tape. But I did take a few after shots.



One of the dudes I work with is in the fire academy so he got all suited & booted and helped out his fellow basement savers.

All in all, it was a super scary situation, but I don't think any major damage was done, AND we got to leave work early! There was a blown circuit on the power pole outside our building but DTE is gonna fix that right up! Back to work as usual bright and early Monday morning :)

1 comment: